Sunday, December 02, 2007

Look out BCS! Here comes the Warriors!

I apologize for not submitting my pre-game article on time. I wanted to write about the Pre-Championship Paradox, the recent phenomenon where teams play their most pivotal game of the season before their final game (e.g. Colts-Patriots, Red Sox-Yankees, Suns-Spurs, Hawaii-Boise State). Unfortunately, I had my busiest week at work ever, which, in conjunction with the building excitement from the Washington game left me without enough time to adequately explore the subject. I'll tackle the subject at a later date, without the impending pressure of a hyper-important Warriors game looming.

Anyway, to make up for the lost article I promise to deliver a slew of coverage in the next few weeks. I have much to say about the Warriors, Colt Brennan and the impending Sugar Bowl, so I'll submit quite a bit of content soon.

In the mean time, here's a quote from the Seattle Times, talking about Washington's impression of the Warriors.

"-- UW's Roy Lewis wasn't that impressed by Hawaii. Asked where they would finish in the Pac-10 he said "probably last. To really be honest. They're a good team for the conference that they are in, but the Pac-10, I think there are just too many heavy hitters. Once teams get their number and have the right plays called, that system, like all systems, can be broken. You can find glitches in the system. They run their system very well, don't get me wrong, but there are some glitches that can be put out there.''

So, Roy. Since Hawaii BEAT Washington, where does that leave the Huskies? Is there something worse then last place in the Pac-10?

See ya soon, J

No comments: